Grand Fire Protection District No. 1 – Granby, Colorado
Grand Fire Protection District No. 1 was formed in 1951 and provides service to an area comprising of 150 square miles in Grand County, Colorado, located in the central Rocky Mountains. The Granby Volunteer Fire Department (est. 1939) is staffed by volunteer and resident firefighters responding out of two stations, operating twelve apparatus. We run about 160 fire/rescue calls per year, including wildland fires, motor vehicle accidents, and hazardous materials response.
The purpose of Grand Fire Protection District No. 1 is to safely deliver the highest quality fire and rescue services to our community in a professional manner so our citizen stakeholders receive the maximum benefit from our programs and assistance.
Our Vision is to be recognized as a department that demonstrates excellence in service delivery to our community while proactively identifying the risks and challenges we face. We will build and maintain strong relationships with our community and regional partners through communications, cooperation and collaboration as we plan for, train for and respond to all types of incidents that threaten our District.
- Safety: We provide training, equipment and leadership to our members, emphasizing safety in all aspects of operations to ensure that “Everyone Goes Home”.
- Respect: We expect all members to show a high level of respect to each other and the public.
- Professionalism: We perform our duties with proven knowledge, skill and ability in accordance with current national standards of competence.
- Integrity: We serve the public with honor and the highest moral and ethical standards.
- Honesty: We exhibit reputable and respectable behavior at all times.
- Responsibility: We employ progressive policies, procedures and standards in our District’s management that ensure efficient fiscal practices and effective planning for the future.
- Accountability: We are accountable to each other and the citizens and visitors of our District to provide effective, caring, trustworthy service when responding to all calls for assistance.