An impact fee is to be collected for each new dwelling built within Grand Fire Protection District No. 1 boundaries including the Town of Granby and areas of unincorporated Grand County. Fees must be paid to Grand Fire Protection District No. 1 prior to issuance of any building permit. Click here for Impact Fee FAQs.
- Residential Property is calculated by multiplying the total square footage by $0.34.
- Commercial Property and Non-Residential Property is calculated by multiplying the total square footage by $1.00.
- Dwelling: Any building or portion thereof which is used as the private residence or sleeping place of one or more human beings.
- Non-residential: Any building or portion thereof which is used to conduct commerce; buildings other than residences with more than 1,000 square feet
- Remodel: Any reconstruction of an existing dwelling.
- Accessory Building: A subordinate structure on the same property not attached to the primary unit but housing a use customarily incidental to the principle use (i.e. garage, storage/garden shed).
IMPACT FEE TERMS:
- The Impact Fee is paid to mitigate fire protection impacts to the District relating to the Developer / Owner’s request for a building permit for the aforementioned property.
- he Developer / Owner hereby waives, releases and agrees to indemnify the District from any and all claims of any kind that may be asserted against the District arising out of or in connection with the payment, collection or use of the Impact Fee.
- By paying these fees, the Developer / Owner hereby agrees to the terms of this agreement.
* A written request for a waiver of the impact fee will be considered by the Grand Fire Protection District Board of Directors on a case-by-case basis.